Pates Family Seasoning is now blogging!
And it happens to coincide with the Super Bowl. Now, there are many things that I (Jeff) like about the Super Bowl, but they have nothing to do with football (here, I surrender my man card) and everything to do with what surrounds the game. I love any reason to get together with friends, I always enjoy seeing the half time performance even if I don’t care for who the performer(s) are, and of course the commercials. And as you may have guessed where this was headed my absolute favorite thing about the Super Bowl is, as I call it, Super Bowl food. Wings, ribs, sausage and cheese plates, Lil’ Smokies, dips, Rotel… Yes, Rotel is its own category…
So, to kick off Pates Family Seasoning Blog here are some recipes that you can make food for the Super Bowl party using each of the Pates Family Seasonings. I will post one a day till the big game!!
The first has the classic party dip base, cream cheese, and for those of us who are trying to maintain a New Years Health Goal some of the others are on the healthy side.
WARNING: they all disappear quickly!
Dirty South Super Bowl Dip – Featuring Dirty South
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 4 oz of smoked gouda cheese – shredded
- 2 tablespoons of Dirty South
- 8 pieces of bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- About 12 Ritz crackers – crumbled for topping
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix first 5 ingredients together
- Place these 5 ingredients in a 9 inch round baking dish
- Mix Ritz crackers and melted butter together
- Add Ritz crackers evenly on top
- Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed through
- Serve with your favorite dipping chip