For those of you out there still holding fast to your New Year’s health goals, first off, good for you! and Secondly, this recipe will help stick to it through the mountain of wings and rivers of Rotel at your neighborhood Super Bowl gathering. It’s a take on the classic Greek salad. We omitted the lettuce and basil. The result is a fresh, light, filling salad that can hang with any Super Bowl fare.
Greek Salad – featuring Original Pates Family Seasoning
• 2 cucumbers – peel 4 stripes down the sides, cut longways down the middle and then into 1/2 inch pieces.
• 10 oz grape tomatoes cut in half
• 1/2 cup of small red onion thinly sliced
• 2 avocados pitted and cubed
• 4 oz of feta cheese crumbled
• 1 cup of kalamata olives
• 1/2 cup of Pates Vinaigrette (recipes follows)
Vinaigrette – This makes about 1 1/4 cups
• 1/2 cup of olive oil
• 3/4 red wine vinegar
• 2 gloves of garlic – finely minced
• 2 tablespoon of Pates Original (or more if you so desire)
• 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked Black Pepper
Mix the Vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar (or something with s lid) and shake it like a Polaroid picture
Mix all salad ingredients except the Avocado and feta
put a couple tablespoons of vinaigrette on the avocados and toss lightly to coat in a separate bowl
Add remaining vinaigrette to the other salad and toss to coat
Add avocado to salad and mix lightly
Top with the feta and serve
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.